Management Committee 2021
Chair: Jan Applin
Vice-Chair: Rachael Funch
Coordinator of Choir: Della Rae Morrison
Treasurer: Peter Randell
Aboriginal Cultural Guides: George Walley, Doreen Green and Sue Peaker with support from our Patrons
Secretary: Clare O'Leary (Including Memberships and Contacts)
General Member: Deb Mitchell, Jenette Graham, Carli Breur, Mary Jo Harris, Noni Oldfield and Jo Randell
Madjitil Moorna Choir November 2020
Madjitil Moorna thrives on the generous guidance of people across the community including many Elders.
The choir runs on huge amounts of goodwill and gratitude!
Della Rae Morrison - Music Director, Cultural Awareness, Production and Projects
Kobi Morrison - Guitarist, Music Director and Music Support. Leader of Koondarm Choir, Koorlong (Noongar Songs in Schools) and Kannajil - community Noongar Song workshops.
Cezera Critti-Schnaars - Koorlong workshop Presenter
Keira Gentle - Koorlong workshop Presenter
Della Rae Morrison - Coordinator for Choir and Bookings
Charley Caruso - Marketing and Bookings
Anastasia Beasley - Internal Communications
Candice Lloyd - Occasional Mentor, Resource Development and IT support
George Walley - Cultural Awareness
Jo Randell - Administrator
Kylie Bishop - Koorlong Noongar Songs in Schools Coordinator
Pete Randell - Accounts & Bookkeeping
Tracy Sandercock - Accounts Support
Mary Jo Harris - Projects and Events
Angela Highstead - Venue Management and Events, Archives
Lee Peters - Networking, Communications
Moira Lane - Music Support
Jane Nicholas - Music Support
Jula Mallaby - Venue support
Cathi Payne - Venue Support
Marie Jacquier - Creative Arts Support
Karl Mourach - Life Member
Pauline Vigus - Life Member
Jo Randell - Life Member
Wren Thomas - Co-founder Koondarm Choir
Singers are also volunteers, bringing a huge variety of skills to make gigs, events, projects and occasional tours possible.
Our Aims, in conjunction with Aboriginal musical directors:
- To sing in and promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait language songs and compositions by indigenous artists from around Australia.
- To acknowledge and embrace the stolen generations and their journey of healing.
- To generate healing within the community through the vibrations of our harmonious songs.
- To increase our Aboriginal and Torres Strait membership at every opportunity.
- To create a warm, sensitive, safe environment to encourage members to express the joy and beauty of music.
- To promote and embrace reconciliation through the multicultural blend of our members.
- To share the joy of singing to and with Aboriginal communities and country towns.
- To encourage Aboriginal communities and people from remote regions to form similar singing groups to enhance the healing process.
- To have no singing pre requisites for membership, apart from the will to receive and spread the joy in songs and camaraderie.
- To use practise methods and materials that allow for members to learn to sing or develop their confidence to sing in a nurturing and supportive way.
Aunty Karl Mourach, Dec 2007