Chair: Jan Applin
Vice-Chair: Lee Peters
Coordinator: Joanna Randell
Treasurer: Peter Randell
Aboriginal Cultural Guides: Karl Mourach and Doreen Green with support from, Marie Taylor , Roma Winmar and our Patrons
Secretary: Rochelle Cole (Including Memberships and Contacts)
General Member: Sue Peaker, Mary Jo Harris and George Walley
Madjitil Moorna thrives on the generous guidance of people across the community including many Elders.
The choir runs on huge amounts of goodwill and gratitude!
Jo Randell - Choir Gigs, Projects, Communications, Resource Development and Publicity
Della Rae Morrison - Music Director, Cultural Awareness, Production and Projects
George Walley - Music Director, Cultural Awareness
Kobi Morrison - Guitarist, Assitant Music Director and Music Support. Leader of Koondarm Choir and Kannajil - community Noongar Song workshops.
Candice Lloyd - Mentor re Marketing, Resource Development, Production and Projects
Wren Thomas - Co-leader of Koondarm Choir
Jane Nicholas - Music Support
Thérèse Duirs - Music Support and Transport
Tracy Sandercock - Gigs management and Music Support
Pauline Vigus - Publicity, Promotion, Grants and Events
Dawn Michelle - Publicity
Mary Jo Harris - Projects and Events
Angela Highstead - Venue Management and Events, Archives
Lee Peters - Networking, Communications and Grants
John Matthews - Internal Communications
Cathi Payne - Resource Dispatch, Koorlong and Kannajil workshop support, Production and Gigs support!
Kylie Bishop - Koorlong and Kannajil Workshop development and support
Debbie Holden - Accounts
Pete Randell - Bookkeeping
Jemma King - Community and Music Support
Sharyn Egan - Visual Arts Support
Marie Jacquier - Creative Arts Support
Singers are also volunteers, bringing a huge variety of skills to make gigs, events, projects and occasional tours possible.
Our Aims, in conjunction with Aboriginal musical directors:
- To sing in and promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait language songs and compositions by indigenous artists from around Australia.
- To acknowledge and embrace the stolen generations and their journey of healing.
- To generate healing within the community through the vibrations of our harmonious songs.
- To increase our Aboriginal and Torres Strait membership at every opportunity.
- To create a warm, sensitive, safe environment to encourage members to express the joy and beauty of music.
- To promote and embrace reconciliation through the multicultural blend of our members.
- To share the joy of singing to and with Aboriginal communities and country towns.
- To encourage Aboriginal communities and people from remote regions to form similar singing groups to enhance the healing process.
- To have no singing pre requisites for membership, apart from the will to receive and spread the joy in songs and camaraderie.
- To use practise methods and materials that allow for members to learn to sing or develop their confidence to sing in a nurturing and supportive way.
Aunty Karl Mourach, Dec 2007