Management Committee 2022
Chair: Deb Mitchell
Vice-Chair: Carli Breur
Coordinator of Choir: Kobi Morrison
Treasurer: Tracy Sandercock
Aboriginal Cultural Guide: Della Rae Morrison with support from George Walley and Doreen Green and other Elders
Secretary: Clare O'Leary (Including Memberships and Contacts) Assistant Secretary: Noni Oldfield
General Member: Jenette Graham, Mary Jo Harris, Jan Applin and Lee Peters
Madjitil Moorna Choir November 2020
Madjitil Moorna thrives on the generous guidance of people across the community including many Elders.
The choir runs on huge amounts of goodwill and gratitude.
Choir numbers expand and shrink in response to events (including exciting invites to perform), and pandemics!
Della Rae Morrison - Music Director, Cultural Awareness, Production and Projects
Kobi Morrison - Guitarist, Music Director and Music Support. Leader of Koondarm Choir, Koorlong (Noongar Songs in Schools) and Kannajil - community Noongar Song workshops.
Cezera Critti-Schnaars - Koorlong workshop Presenter
Keira Gentle - Koorlong workshop Presenter
Della Rae Morrison - Coordinator for Choir and Bookings
Charley Caruso - Marketing
Candice Lloyd - Occasional Mentor, Resource Development
George Walley - Cultural Awareness
Kylie Bishop and Lisa Vreeken - Koorlong Noongar Songs in Schools Educational support
Tracy Sandercock - Accounts & Bookkeeping
Mary Jo Harris - Projects and Events
Lee Peters - Networking, Communications
Moira Lane - Music Support
Jane Nicholas - Music Support
Jenette Graham - Venue support
Jula Mallaby - Venue support
Cathi Payne - Venue Support
Marie Jacquier - Creative Arts Support
Karl Mourach - Life Member
Pauline Vigus - Life Member
Jo Randell - Life Member
Wren Thomas - Co-founder Koondarm Choir
Singers are also volunteers, bringing a huge variety of skills to make gigs, events, projects and occasional tours possible.
Our Aims, in conjunction with Aboriginal musical directors:
- To sing in and promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait language songs and compositions by indigenous artists from around Australia.
- To acknowledge and embrace the stolen generations and their journey of healing.
- To generate healing within the community through the vibrations of our harmonious songs.
- To increase our Aboriginal and Torres Strait membership at every opportunity.
- To create a warm, sensitive, safe environment to encourage members to express the joy and beauty of music.
- To promote and embrace reconciliation through the multicultural blend of our members.
- To share the joy of singing to and with Aboriginal communities and country towns.
- To encourage Aboriginal communities and people from remote regions to form similar singing groups to enhance the healing process.
- To have no singing pre requisites for membership, apart from the will to receive and spread the joy in songs and camaraderie.
- To use practise methods and materials that allow for members to learn to sing or develop their confidence to sing in a nurturing and supportive way.
Aunty Karl Mourach, Dec 2007